The GURU WEBSITE DESIGN COMPETITION
netGURUS™ recognizes the highest standards of excellence in website design and development. We honor those individuals and organizations for their outstanding achievements.
This competition is designed to elevate the standards of excellence on the internet and offer winners a boost in marketing and exposure.
In addition to the GU Award icon linking your site to our awards page, monthly winners will automaticly be enterend into our GURU of the Year competition.
Currently, we are only accepting nominations for websites written in English. A non-refundable US$25 entry fee is required per entry.
Please read our competition rules below for site eligibility requirements and other details.
Ready to enter?
Submit Your Website Today!
GURU Website Competition Rules
All persons entering the GURU competition must accept the following Competition Rules. We strongly suggest you read them carefully before you enter. By submitting a nomination and paying the entry fee, you are stating that you have read and accepted these rules and conditions. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Who is Eligible to Enter?
The competition is open to individuals and organizations involved in designing, developing, managing, supporting and promoting websites. Nominations are accepted from web design firms, advertising agencies and corporate marketing departments, as well as individual web designers and graphic artists, among others. Nominators must have the appropriate consent and authorization to nominate a site. Nominators must be at least 18 years of age.
What Types of Websites are Eligible?
The GURU competition is open to all english language websites that are not ineligible (see below).
As defined in the American Heritage Dictionary, and for the purposes of this competition, a "website" is "a set of interconnected web pages, usually including a homepage, generally located on the same server, and prepared and maintained as a collection of information by a person, group, or organization."
Websites that existed online for any period of time in the year they are nominated are eligible. If a site is discontinued in the same year it was nominated, it remains eligible to win in that year. Winners are eligible to win the same award again only in the succeeding year.
By entering the competition, each entrant certifies that their entries do not violate any Competition Rules. netGURUS reserves the right to disqualify a nomination or a winner discovered to be ineligible, with no refund of entry fees.
What Types of Websites are Ineligible?
Sites containing unoriginal material (such as templates) or unwholesome content (such as pornography or hate-speech) are not eligible for this competition. If your site promotes any of the following content it will be disqualified:
- racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious prejudice or other forms of hatred
- activities relating to hacking or warez
- activities relating to cults or witchcraft
- activities relating to gangs or other violent groups
- degradation or humiliation of adults, children or animals
- products or services that are illegal to use, sell and/or possess in the United States
- unoriginal templates
- non-english language websites
In addition, websites hosted on free servers (such as Geocities) are ineligible.
This list is non-exclusive and we reserve the right to disqualify any entry for any reason.
Protection of Intellectual Property
By submitting your entry(ies), you are attesting that you have the necessary authorization to use the images, audio, text and other content contained therein. DO NOT enter your site if you are in violation, or uncertain of your rights to, any copyrights, patents, trademarks or other intellectual property.
Winning an Award
- Award winners will automatically receive the GU Award Icon, which can be placed on the winning website and links to a unique awards page on our website.
- Not all submissions win an award. In fact, only a small percentage of entries make it through our judging process successfully.
- Sites that don’t win an award or are disqualified will receive an e-mail notification of this result. Judges may, at their own discretion, include their reasoning and offer ideas for improvement in this notification (but netGURUS does not guarantee this).
- GU Award Icons made available to competition winners may not be altered in any way, shape or form, without written consent from netGURUS. Altering any of our awards without authorization can result in your winner’s page being removed from our website and legal action.
- Entries that do not win an award or are disqualified without prejudice are eligible to re-enter the competition after 30 days from the official announcement
- The manner and details of announcing award winners is strictly within the discretion of netGURUS. Persons entering the competition understand that all awards may not be given or publicized in the same manner.
- Entrants in the GURU Awards competition agree to have their website name, URL, screenshot and other winning site information listed on the netGURUS website.
Ready to enter?
Submit Your Website Today!